|How to start|
Hi भारत्पराक्रमि. Welcome to translatewiki.net!
You can now start translating.
You should also check the portal for your language, the link is in the sidebar. Other useful pages are linked in the menu next to this message.
Your translations are transferred to the standard product every few days or every few weeks, depending on the product. Please notice that it may take longer before you see your translation in the actual product.
We wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Please leave any questions on Support (the link is also available on any page, in the navigation sidebar). Cheers!
-- WelcomeMessageBot (talk) 07:20, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
Thank you for your translations into Haryanvi. You are getting quite close to a point when you'll be able to use Haryanvi as the user interface language on translatewiki.net and on the Incubator. However, some fixes may be needed.
I don't know the language, but I often review some technical things in other people's translations. I reviewed your translations, and while a lot of them look OK, I found a few issues:
- Some translations are just copies of English. I deleted those that I found. Please don't do it. The translations are supposed to be complete and not copied from English. If you don't know how to translate something, skip it or ask for help on the Support page.
- Many translations are complete copies of the corresponding translations into Hindi. I know that the languages are closely related, so it's possible that it's OK that many translations are identical, but the number of identical ones nevertheless seems to be a bit high. Please go over the existing translations, and if you find any that should be different from Hindi, fix them.
- You use the word करें in many translations, like in Hindi, and the word करैं in many others. Are you sure that it's correct?
Here's a link to all the existing translations: https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:Translate?filter=translated&action=page&language=bgc&group=mediawiki
Please go over all of them and make necessary fixes.
Thanks! --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 13:41, 11 March 2023 (UTC)
- Hello,I was busy in studies so didn't see.For the same reason i hurried many translations, and copied many left translations from hindi and english;also for technical words both hindi and haryanvi use sanskrit roots.Thanks भारत्पराक्रमि (talk) 09:29, 23 March 2023 (UTC)
- OK. Can you please go over the translations and make necessary fixes?
- I understand that many Hindi and Haryanvi may be identical, but I saw some long strings where the whole translation was copied from Hindi, and this seems less likely. For example:
- There may be more.
- Please make sure that they are properly Haryanvi and not just copies from Hindi. Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 09:38, 23 March 2023 (UTC)
- Yes,as i said i had copied from both hindi and english.
- I will fix those.Thanks. भारत्पराक्रमि (talk) 09:47, 23 March 2023 (UTC)
- @Amire80 I think these are fixed now.Kindly review.
- thanks. भारत्पराक्रमि (talk) 08:03, 24 March 2023 (UTC)
- Looks better, thanks. A few questions:
- What is the correct word for "hide"? I see "छिपावें" and "छिपाएँ".
- What is the correct word for "page"? I see "पन्ना", "पृष्ठ", and other words.
- Is "श्रेणी" the correct word for "Category"? It's the same as in Hindi.
- Is "हटाएँ" the correct word for "Delete"? It's the same as in Hindi.
- Is "नामवास" the correct word for "Namespace"? It's the same as in Hindi.
- Is "दिखाएँ" the correct word for "Show"? It's the same as in Hindi.
- Is "ध्यानसूची" the correct word for "Show"? It's the same as in Hindi.
- What is the correct word to write in the end of messages like "Publish page", "undo", "revert", "cancel", "submit", etc.: करें or करैं?
- What's the word for "search"? I see several: "खोजो जावै", "ढुढें", and some others. It should probably be consistent.
- Some long messages are still the same as in Hindi, e.g. https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&showMessage=anontalkpagetext&group=core&language=bgc&filter=&optional=1&action=translate
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 14:11, 24 March 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks i will fix them. भारत्पराक्रमि (talk) 15:49, 24 March 2023 (UTC)
- Looks better, thanks. A few questions: