|How to start|
|In other languages||English • Afrikaans • العربية • asturianu • azərbaycanca • Boarisch • български • روچ کپتین بلوچی • বাংলা • bosanski • català • čeština • Deutsch • Zazaki • Ελληνικά • español • euskara • فارسی • français • galego • Alemannisch • ગુજરાતી • עברית • magyar • Հայերեն • interlingua • Bahasa Indonesia • Interlingue • italiano • 日本語 • ქართული • کھوار • ភាសាខ្មែរ • 한국어 • Ripoarisch • lietuvių • latviešu • македонски • Bahasa Melayu • Nāhuatl • norsk bokmål • polski • português • русский • සිංහල • slovenčina • slovenščina • Soomaaliga • shqip • српски / srpski • српски (ћирилица) • srpski (latinica) • svenska • తెలుగు • ไทย • Türkçe • українська • Tiếng Việt • walon • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
Hi Omnipaedista. Welcome to translatewiki.net! Please create a user page on which you describe which language(s) you will be working on. Before you can use Special:Translate, please request translator rights. You should also check the portal for your language, the link is in the sidebar. Other useful pages are linked in the translatewiki.net menu that comes with this message.
Your translations are transferred to the standard product every few days or every few weeks depending on the product. Please notice that it may take longer before you see your translation in the actual product. It can be just a few days before they appear on Wikipedia, but a few months can pass between each new release of FreeCol.
We wish you a productive and pleasant stay. Please leave any questions on Support. Cheers!
- 1 Message documentation
- 2 hello and some suggestions
- 3 500 most used Mediawiki messages
- 4 Please consider confirming your e-mail address
- 5 grc.wikipedia.org
- 6 Wikipedia again
- 7 Wikisource
- 8 100% mediawiki messages
- 9 MediaWiki:Longpagewarning/grc
- 10 Ancient languages localization contest
- 11 thank you for joining in the la translation!
- 12 Καλή Χρονιά
- 13 Small groups
- 14 Mantis and voctrain messages
- 15 Old Chinese is now Literary Chinese
- 16 Italian
- 17 Congratulations
- 18 Top ten translators
- 19 Μηνύματα
- 20 Continuous defuzzification
- 21 Ομιλία
- 22 On the eligibility for a share in the translation rally
- 23 Finalising the Translation Rally - requesting payment details
Hello, can you please read message documentation if it is provided. It contains important information. Can you also fix the following according to the message documentation they have:
'MediaWiki:bugreportspage/grc' => 'Σχέδιον:ἀναφορὰ ζῳδαρίου', 'MediaWiki:copyrightpage/grc' => 'Template:Ns:σχέδιον:Δικαιώματα δημιουργού', 'MediaWiki:policy-url/grc' => 'Σχέδιον:Πολιτική', 'MediaWiki:portal-url/grc' => 'Σχέδιον:Πύλη Κοινότητος', 'MediaWiki:sitesupport-url/grc' => 'Σχέδιον:Ὑποστήριξις τόπου',
hello and some suggestions
hello, first i congratule you for your big contribution to ancient greek wikipedia.
and i suggest cordially somethings:
1.- try to not let unnecesary text in english like in this page:
2.- we must to translate all the english text. like the word "Project" in:
(in this case the work of another user)
the nab is that greek depended less of another languages.
- Re 2) No you must not, you must leave the Project: part as is or it will not function correctly. – Nike 16:16, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
500 most used Mediawiki messages
hello. we must effort to complete the translation of mediawiki messages, to ancient greek, specially of the 500 most used:
Please consider confirming your e-mail address
Dear Omnipaedista. Our records show that you have not confirmed your e-mail address. This means that other users cannot contact your by e-mail, and that you will not receive our periodic newsletter once every one or two months. If you mean to be an active contributor on Betawiki, we strongly advise you to confirm your e-mail address. The below steps describe how you can do that.
You can confirm your e-mail address as follows:
- go to your preferences
- fill out a valid e-mail address in the field behind "E-mail"
- save your preferences; an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you submitted
- check your e-mail. The e-mail contains a URL you should click to confirm your e-mail address.
Thank you for considering this. Cheers! Betawiki Staff 17:16, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Γεια σου φίλε μου. Είδα τη σελίδα χρήστη σου και μιας και έχω κάνει έρευνα πάνω στο θέμα θα ήταν χρήσιμο να σε πληροφορήσω. Η αρχαία ελληνική βικιπαίδεια δεν μπορεί να δημιουργηθεί γιατί τα αρχαία ελληνικά είναι νεκρή γλώσσα. Σαν νεκρή γλώσσα μόνο βικιφθέγματα και βικιπηγή μπορούμε να δημιουργήσουμε. Σαν βικιπηγή είχε γίνει μια πρόταση αλλά επήλθε συμφωνία και αποφασίστηκε τα αρχαιοελληνικά κείμενα να μην μεταφερθούν και να μείνουν στην νεοελληνική βικιπηγή οπότε και έκλεισε η πρόταση. Έτσι μπορούμε να καταθέσουμε πρόταση μόνο για βικιφθέγματα και από εδώ πέρα το μόνο που πρέπει να μεταφράσουμε έιναι το most used messages επειδή θα είναι το 1ο αρχαιοελληνικό εγχείρημα. Αν θέλεις στείλε μου μήνυμα για να καταθέσουμε μαζί πρόταση.--ZaDiak(T)(C)@ 23:15, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
100% mediawiki messages
i changed my language interface in all wikimedia pages, to ancient Greek, i enjoy. but often find English phrase without translation. you must be very busy in the real life. but i might ask, cordially, complete the translation of 100% of mediawiki messages. I ask you because you are certainly one whose better knows the language. clearly that it may not be entirely useful at this time, but I think that the ability to translate these messages demonstrate the power of language, and is also a matter of pride and self-esteem. Crazymadlover
I'm curious as to why you think the kilo prefix symbol becomes Χ (upper case khi) in Greek (Crazymadlover reverted my change of Χ to k on your behalf). One does not need to know Greek to see, as the Greek Wikipedia page on SI shows, that it is not the case. Likewise the SI recommendation that a space separate the number from the symbol is clearly followed in Greek, as can be seen by checking random pages such as . Enlighten me. Urhixidur 15:40, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- I've just read your question and corrected that message. Here's what happened: when I translated it I didn't use the international convention, but I used the modern greek variation of it instead. As you can see in the last link you that you've indicated me, kilo- corresponds to greek χιλιο- (it's a "corruption" of it to be exact). As you can see here, there are greek words for bit (δυφίον) and byte (δυφιολέξις), as well. There is a very good argument why the international convention is problematic in greek: hekto- is a "corruption" of hekato- (ἑκατο-); however, ἑκτο- in greek means "6" and is, clearly, semantically distinct from ἑκατο- "100". A much weaker argument can be given for kilo-: κίλο- may be confused with the first syllable of the word κιλλίβας ("portable table" in ancient greek, "affût" in revived attic greek). So, kb/KB (kilobytes) becomes χδ/ΧΔ (χιλιο-δυφιολέξεις). On the other hand, intern/nal conv/ns (SI in this case) are globally accepted, immediately understood by everyone, and, of course, predominantly untranslatable here at the Betawiki. I.m.o. the best solution is to be a lil' bit "unfaithful" to the original text by adding the internat. conv., the greek version of it, and a parenthesis explaining the greek version, so that everyone can be satisfied. The gap btn. the number and the abbrev. was mearly a typo. of mine. As for why you've been reverted, I can only guess that everyone assumed that since you don't speak the language, you've no "authority" to edit the message! But I believe you're basically right, so I've made the (I hope) desirable corrections. Omnipaedista 23:32, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Ancient languages localization contest
for many time Ancient Greek has been the ancient language with the large percentage of Mediawiki messages translated. however recently Classical Chinese has surpassed us.
With your cooperation we can, again, be the first classic language in localization; o better the first one that complete the Mediawiki messages localization.
- I think grc is again first among the classics, now. Omnipaedista 21:30, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
thank you for joining in the la translation!
Dear Omnipaedista, thank you a lot for joining in the MediaWiki translation for the Latin language! Although I know the MediaWiki software quite well and I have been maintaining the Latin translation for quite some time (see also some old standardization efforts of mine at wikipedia:la:Usor:UV/MediaWiki l10n/Glossary), I left quite a number of messages untranslated, because I was not sure about the proper translation. Your Latinitas is definitely better than mine, and I would appreciate it very much if you would continue your great work! Greetings, --UV 21:41, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hello and happy new year, UV! Thanks for your kind words. I had been under the impression that the community of la translators was vivid, but when I saw that this was not the case, I decided to take action. Your glossary is really helpful; of course, it may be in need of expansion in order to cover some more specialized terms. This could be discussed on Vicipaedia. Anyway, I intend to keep translating the core-messages, since I hear no complaints about it ;) --Omnipaedista 02:42, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Γειά σου φίλε και σ΄ευχαριστώ εκ μέρους και των άλλων μελών της Ποντιακής Βικιπαίδεια για τη πολύτιμη συνεισφορά σου γενικά στο νεοελληνικό και στο αρχαιοελληνικό interface, αλλά ιδιαίτερα για τις συνεισφορές σου στο Ποντιακό interface. Να΄σαι καλά! --Makedonier 01:39, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Χρόνια πολλά και σας ευχαριστώ πολύ όλους! Το κατά δύναμιν :) --Omnipaedista 02:42, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
According to languages statistics, there are groups with few messages untranslated. I think all of them can be translated quickly. Personally i had fun translating Fuzzybot message to spanish. Crazymadlover.
Mantis and voctrain messages
Old Chinese is now Literary Chinese
Och - portal has been redirected to Lzh - portal
Please, don't translate languages with auto translators. Thank you in advance --Melos 16:00, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- I admit that in just 2 (Italian and Spanish) out of the 14 languages I've translated so far, I have employed auto-translators but even in this case not completely blindly (my Spanish translations, for example, were quite accurate). The possibly bad (or plainly goofy =) results in the case of Italian were mainly due to my very poor (but hopefully not inexistent) skills regarding this language. I'm sorry if I have caused any trouble. I don't intend to continue translating messages to living languages that I'm not good at, anyway. --Omnipaedista 16:21, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
You are among the 50 most active betawiki translators: Special:ContributionScores
- Wow.. I didn't know that there exists such a detailed "score"-list on Betawiki. But, I'm glad I'm in it :) --Omnipaedista 02:14, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Top ten translators
You can be in the top ten! Crazymadlover
- Just for the record.. on Feb 14, I was in the top ten... --Omnipaedista 22:56, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- For all revision i think would be "cooler". Crazymadlover
Friend, i suggest you to keep continuously defuzzyfying Grc messages. Now, there are some messages Fuzzified, in Free col and extensions.
- Let's not exaggerate :) The fuzzified grc messages have never risen beyond the 0.05% of the overall translated messages, because I do keep defuzzifying them at a rate which is quite fast compared with the corresponding one in most other languages' localization efforts.
--Omnipaedista 00:46, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I checked out your edits that are qualified for the translation rally (over 700 so far), and I found something interesting. Formally you do not qualify :) You have a lot of edits made on languages that do not have 90% of MediaWiki core translated, and the rules say that those edit do not qualify until MediaWiki core for that language reaches 90% (pnt, la, cu, sco). Currently around 450 translations do qualify. As said, formally, because I'm not going to revoke my earlier 'valid'. I want to thank you for your dedication and contributions. Would be nice if you could continue some more translations on Greek though. Please keep coming back :) Cheers! Siebrand 12:31, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for your kind words! In the meanwhile, I have made some few hundreds more valid contributions to the el interface within the deadline, so I guess I now qualify in the formal sense, as well :) --Omnipaedista 04:48, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Absolutely. Siebrand 06:58, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Finalising the Translation Rally - requesting payment details
Hi! We have begun finalising the latest Translation Rally in which you have participated and were eligible for a part of the bounty - thank you for your contributions! You have indicated that you want to have your cut (EUR 27,77) transferred to you. You have been be sent an e-mail today requesting details. In case you may not have received this e-mail, details are available. Cheers! Siebrand 18:25, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Help with Pontic||0||12:02, 9 February 2016|
|Αίτημα για σχολιασμό / εισάγω ή εισαγάγω||0||14:09, 29 November 2015|
|Λεξικό MediaWiki και επεκτάσεων||0||21:57, 4 January 2013|
|Welcome back to the neighborhood||0||21:17, 1 August 2011|
|Testing||0||02:21, 20 April 2010|
|Please translate to Pontic (how-to)||Completion||Outdated|
|* Most of the pages listed above are at Mediawiki.org — you can use your Wikipedia account to log in and work there.|
Hello, and please excuse the English. My name is Erica and I am a community liaison for the visual editor at the Wikimedia Foundation.
I'm contacting you today as you are proficient in Pontic, to ask you some time-sensitive help with translations related to the visual editor, here and at Mediawiki.org. I'm therefore providing this little table, hoping it can make the work easier for you, and please do not hesitate to contact me immediately if you need any further information.
I'd like to thank you in advance for what you will do and for the invaluable support you will provide to the Pontic wikimedian community! (Please feel free to forward this message to other community members who may be equally interested or able to contribute.) Best,
Glad to see you contributing again.And ask you to defuzzyfy All the Groups of Grc, that is my interface language :)
It' possible i'll translate into El, more frequently.