Outdated translations are marked like this.
Translatewiki.net is using multiple assistive technologies to speed up translation work while producing better results; see the translation tutorial and documentation in general for more information on the translation engine not specific to this wiki.
The simplest translation aids are just a collection of potentially useful information.
- Translations to other languages
- You can choose any languages you wish to see when translating. Translations to chosen languages are displayed if they already exist. Translations into a related language give you ideas about words and grammar structures. Or you can just use it to learn about another language!
- Message documentation
- All software contains those tricky messages that are hard to understand, even with context. Chances are that those messages already have helpful documentation in translatewiki.net. Even if there is not, we will help you to get it. Just place your request on our Support page. Documentation tells you about the context (button, title), contents of the variables and anything else you need to be aware of when translating.
- Syntactic checks
- We have implemented simple checks that alert you to simple mistakes like unused and unknown variables, bad HTML mark-up and unbalanced braces. These simple mistakes can often result in corrupt or broken display, so it is important to find them early.
- Translators have easy access to agreed upon translations when translating. We provide tools to manage a glossary in each language. Discussions can be opened for terms without a clear translation.
These are more advanced technologies which take advantage of achievements in areas of computer science and language technology.
- Translation memory
- Translation memory helps you to make more consistent translations, and speeds up the translation of similar and repetitive messages. Our translation memory is shared across all supported projects.
- Machine translation
- We integrate machine translation services to speed up translating. The list of supported providers and supported languages can vary over time.